If you were to ask me five years ago anything about a baby's bodily function I would've smiled politely and excused myself from the conversation. In reality my polite smile would be hiding the true inner workings of my mind ( I would be thinking are you crazy, do I look like I have kids. "really look at my figure do you think it has been ravaged by the horrors of childbirth") Look, I am not saying I am proud of what I thought back then or even that it was right but, that was MY reality and any one who knows me now knows that is no longer so. Because let me tell you friends in my new world it ALWAYS SEEMS TO COME BACK TO POOP.
I am not kidding either my life seems lately to revolve around my children's bowel movements. Think I am being over dramatic I wish that was the case but it is not. I am a stay at home mother of two very different children. My eldest daughter has always had problems with pooping poor thing and my youngest will poop at the drop of a hat. Not just poop she will explode. GROSS. So when I say I plan my day to day activities around poop I am not kidding. For example if my oldest has not gone she is crabby and lethargic and you are just asking for tantrums and crying at every corner. As for the baby my sweet little stink bomb you try to plan around her but sometimes you cannot. She always gets me one way or another and now the little scamp can remove her own diaper. Cute you think well let me tell you a little story about cute. I was beginning to run a bath for my little ones and I thought I would have a couple of minutes to get it all ready as my mother in law was at the house. As soon as I turned on the tap the baby comes running up behind me yelling wait for me. I tell her I am not ready to put her in yet she still has her diaper and tee shirt on. Wait a minute and mommy will help you. So I turn my back (big mistake) and the scamp runs away. I thought oh she is going back to Grandma no worries I was so wrong. Two seconds later the little scamp comes running back it this times sans diaper and along with her she bring that familiar scent. I stare in dread as I notice she is covered it poop and I see the diaper in the hall. I call for back up as I try to wipe her the little string bean is laughing sitting all over everything literally shitting it up and as if it could not get any worse my toddler walks in and says mom eweeh!!!! look was the baby is doing you need to clean it up hurry. Needless to say it was hysterical and one of those strange moments as a mom I will not forget.
Yay. Poop moves the world
ReplyDelete