Monday, January 30, 2012

Is that cat puke?

Greetings friends,
Welcome to another edition of diapers and lunacy. This week we were all infected with the strep virus so on top of my normal running around chasing two toddlers I woke up on Wednesday morning to find I had three. (My husband). Well there is no predicting sick children (husband excluded here) my oldest was a dream. She was sweet and caring and just wanted to sit around and watch movies. My baby however was like Dr. Jeykell and Mr. Hyde. One minute she was running around babbling a mile a minute and the next she wanted to be coddled away from anyone who wasn't Mommy.  It was a trying couple of days when you add that I was sick too.

Well, how does this all relate to cat puke?  Let me tell you.

After one very long day full of cranky and wild children I got a phone call. Before this phone call both my girls were lounging getting ready for bed acting like sweet sleepy angels. The minute I picked up the phone it was like a switch went off in the baby's brain that said now that Mommy is distracted I am going to go wild. So she starts running around the dining room table like it is a race track shrieking wildly. The she tries to take off her diaper which at the moment was dry so I stopped her and told her to relax. (Can you imagine I am telling this to a 19 month old that is one and 1/2 for those who aren't used to babies. Where was my brain?) I am still talking on the phone at this point enjoying talking to an adult for a change and then I spot it.  Out of the corner of my eye I see two small piles of orange-ish red on the floor and I think "Oh Man is that cat puke and as if to add insult to injury I see the baby who was still running her laps had gotten it all over her feet. At this point I just want to cry because all I wanted to do was to relax and now I have to clean up "cat puke" and a filthy baby foot.  So I scoop up the baby and then it hits me. This isn't cat puke I know that smell and then I look down at my shirt and scream for my husband to start the bath. When I finally clean up the baby (I had to pre-clean her before I stuck her in the tub) I tend to the floor which was a pain and all the while the innocent cat sat there watching me ( I can only imagine what he was thinking something along the lines of you know what they say about assumptions). Then I put the the little stink bug in the bath and washed her till she was my clean snugly baby. I take the little string bean out of the tub and what does she do pee all over my floor. What the heck!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment